Saturday, April 20, 2013

Trip to Clevand

Eric had a tennis tournament in Cleveland, and rather than staying home while he went, I made it a little family vacation.
 
We got to feed the turtles in our hotel.


 
BTW, I did not know that turtles sleep with their legs out, I seriously thought it was dead.
 
We went swimming.
 
I researched what to do in Cleveland and there is a ton for the summer, but my options were limited with kids for the winter.  I ended up finding this farm not too far from where we were staying and so we headed off to visit the farm.






 
Springtime is apparently a big birthing season here.  There were so many baby goats, pigs, and sheep. They would just hop right out of their areas and walk in front of you.

 
For those you who have nursed before and feel like you are constantly attached all day long, well I feel really bad for pigs.  They don't just have one nursing non stop, they have 10 nursing non-stop.  This poor momma pig looked exhausted and just wanted to eat without being nursed from.  When she finally has had enough, she lays right on top of them so they aren't accessible.  Sometimes she would lay right on top of the piglets who wouldn't stop nursing and they would squeal and try and make their way out.  I have a few videos at the end.  The kids were so entertained by these pigs we probably watched them for a good 20 minutes.

 
We also got to milk a cow. I had never done this before and it was very different than what I was expecting.


 
We had some fun in the gift shop.


 
We got to make ice cream.

 
And then eat it.
 
There was also a quilting contest going on.  I was amazed at some of the quilt work displayed.  I thought this one was cute.
 
We got to ride the tractor trolley.
 
They got to make a craft.

 
Visit the greenhouse.





 
 
Here are a few animal videos.
 
 

 It was cold, but it was not crowded at all and the kids had a blast.  I'd like to go back in the spring and tap their maple trees and eat fresh maple syrup.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment