Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mallory's 5th Birthday Party - Sid the Science Kid

You know how after labor you think, wow, I'm never having anymore kids?  OK, maybe that is just me, but I say the same thing every year after Mallory's party, I am never going to plan another party like this.  The thing is, I can't just go half in.  I get an idea and they just don't stop.  Mallory really wanted a Sid the Science kid birthday party theme.  I don't know if I was more excited or if she was more excited but there were just so many things to do for a science party. 
 
My mom and Grammy came in for the weekend and helped me pull it off. They got in Friday at noon and we worked non stop to make all the cupcakes and food, and get all the experiments set up.  I'm starting to notice that people only help me once for her parties....not sure why or anything :)  
 
 Here are the pictures. There are likely some duplicates and they are somewhat out of order, but here you have it. 
 



 
Stick a Straw in Potato and Instant Snow
Grow your own cucumbers.
Tornado in a bottle.
Volcano
Fizzy Balloons
And what is a sid party without the microphones?
Favors, scientist jackets, bowties/hairbows and nametags.


 

Lab Notebooks

List of experiements.
Favors - "It was a blast! Thank you for coming."


While this was cute, I don't think I'll be making any petri dish jello again.
The goal was to make all of ball by scooping them out.  You must need non-ripe melons because it was a juicy mess.  We ended up doing a few and the rest were squares.


I could not find any Sid cake toppers or toy figurines anywhere, so I had to make due with what I had.

This was probably the best experiment.  It looks liquid and can flow through your hands like liquid but if you hit it, it is a solid.
Each kid had to get ready for the lab. All the kids had fun signing their name.


Dr. Noah

Jared was so tired by the time the party started that he crashed.

I turned around and Eva was looking at her cupcake sprinkles through her magnifying glass. One of my favorite pictures.
The fizzy balloons were a big hit -but also a pain to set up!
And we forgot a lighter so Mallory didn't actually get to blow out a candle. 






Grandma Val sent her and Jared some items from the beach for her birthday.
On her actual birthday I got her this little hello kitty set.
She also got some fancy dresses.
This one is from GG.


This dress is from her good friend Ria who got lost on the way to the party so didn't end up making it.
Invitations.
 

Our Saturday afternoon favor making party.


Fun to make for the first few.



Scientist Jared, Mallory, and Natalie.
And of course, as a favor, was a take home experiment. Ours ended up growing a giraffe.
I can't believe it's been 5 years. What a wonderful journey this has been! Happy birthday Little Miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment