Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Regression - AHHHH!

So I guess I shouldn't have posted the potty training post. Since then, we have had 3 accidents, all number 2.

The first one was truly an accident. We were testing Mallory to see how she responded to dairy and well, still not well. She just couldn't hold it in at school. So ok, sympathy there, but this next story deserves absolutely NO sympathy.

Since summer is coming to an end, I thought I'd take Mallory to the park while Eric had to study. While we were there she kept thinking she had to go potty, so I loaded them both back into the car and came home to go potty. We got her on the potty and she went pee, but sat there and didn't have to poop. I waited and we tried again, but she said she didn't have to go, so we left and went back to the park.

I was sitting with Jared while Mallory was running around and playing. After about 15 minutes it was getting hot and I didn't want Jared to wake up so I told her it was time to go. We get over to the car and get ready to put her in her car seat and she says "Mom, the poop is leaking through my pants." What?!?!? Oh I don't think I've been that mad in a while. So not having any other choice, I load her into the car seat (boy did she not like to sit in that!) and head home. Once we got home, I didn't even know where to start. In trying to get the dirty clothes off her, it was everywhere. It took me 22 wipes to get her clean and I could not get the smell out of my head all day (I'm hoping it was just in my head and not on me somewhere). This brings me back to my previous statement - why would anyone want to potty train?? From now on, we wear pull-ups to the park. I just can't believe she did that after I already took her home to go!

The last "accident" she had was this past weekend at Dan and Lisa's in Columbus. She did have a pull up on this time, so I think she decided it was just easier to go in there than the potty. Unfortunately i could not find the panties i packed for her anywhere, so she had to wear mine with a safety pin. She thought it was pretty funny.
And of course while we were trying to get it cleaned up, Natalie got into the dirty diaper...so more to clean up :)
Let's hope this doesn't last - I am tired of cleaning up poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment