Friday, September 24, 2010

The Longest Week....

Well, this week was not an ease back into work kind of week. We received a Request For Proposal on Saturday and had until yesterday at 6 to get it in. This proposal was for work for the following 2 years (so many people's livelihood depended on winning this contract). You can imagine the mood of the office at 5:30pm yesterday when we had nothing to submit after 4 nights of everyone being up until 2am (luckily I went home and just kept my phone on). It was actually one of the saddest days I've had a work, ever. Anyway, long story short, they submitted something and now we can only hope that nobody bid against us - our fate will be announced next Wednesday....

But, on a happier note, I managed to wash the bottles and do a load of laundry each day so I wasn't stuck doing them all this weekend. My week wasn't as fun, but I'm hoping this will make my weekend feel like a weekend. Eric's mom also came into town so that was also a big help. It always seems like she comes at the best times just when we need the help (or maybe we just always need help??).

Here are a few pictures from the week.



As always, I can't leave a post without a tidbit of randomness. This week Eric was telling me about a lawsuit involving what was being posted on a blog. I got to thinking, wow, I have never thought about being sued for what I write. Well, you'll be happy to know that Eric cannot sue me for anything I write here, it's called spousal immunity - so I will continue to write away :). Also, why do they show the pockets shut on new dress pants? Are you supposed to leave them that way? Oh, and Mallory just said she needed some eyetacts (referring to contacts).

No comments:

Post a Comment