She is the youngest in the class since you have to be 3 to start, but since she is potty trained they said we could give it a try and see how it went. I was afraid after the first class that it might be to soon, but the second class went much better. She did all the stretching, most of the dancing (which was so cute!), and was still not sure about the walking across the room. She didn't like the shimmy either. She had so much fun, so I think she will be ok staying in the class.
On a different note, while I was there, I had a realization that I am not prepared for the teen years. While we were in the bathroom, there were girls in there smelling the hand sanitizers. I thought it was a little weird so I mentioned it to one of the other mom's and she told me it got banned from her school last year because the kids were sniffing and drinking it. Are you serious??? What is wrong with kids these days? It was really sad because so many of them didn't even know why or what they were doing. I overheard one of the girls say they tried to get so and so to do it and she wouldn't. I can only hope that I instill the morals, education, and values for both my children to be able to make that same choice. Parenting has only just begun....
No comments:
Post a Comment