October 19, 2011 is the day Eric became official. Even though our big moment of relief came after seeing the passing results of the BAR, this day defined the day he had to put on his big boy underwear and stamp his name on all his work as opposed to doing work and others having to take responsibility if it wasn't right.
Eric's Dad and Cathy made it down for the event. Even though the weather was less than ideal, it was appreciated that they made the trip.
It was difficult to get a picture of all the new associates at Eric's firm. I posted this one because I thought it was funny it looked like they were all getting dance lessons or something.
I never managed to get one with everyone looking in the same direction.
Brad and Hannah (the other Dayton couple)
Even when they were all looking, I never got all their eyes open. Apparently photography is not my thing.
Standing before the judge waiting to be motioned in...not sure if I said that right.
Lots of bow ties :)
My camera battery died just as we were leaving, so I made everyone walk back to the car to get my cell phone so we could take pictures. Seemed like a good idea, but of course it started raining on the way back.
This guy walked right in my picture. I swear he came out of nowhere.
Do you see the nice orange suit in the background?
Paying the dues. I'm sure everyone was not thrilled, but I got out of the room first and got in line for Eric so we weren't waiting for hours. Smartest thing I did all day.

In between we went to lunch at First Watch and then walked a mile in the rain to the next one. Here are some videos of parts of the ceremony if you so choose to watch.
The last statement I'll make for the day is that I thought it was funny that almost every person that got up there to talk in front of the judge about their new attorney made the statement, "they were the top of their class from WVU." I find it hard to believe that many were actually the top of their class.








No comments:
Post a Comment