Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Things I will Miss about Dayton #8, 7, 6, 5 and 4

So the next few things I will miss about Dayton are all food related, so I thought I'd just bunch them all together. 

#8  The Melting Pot
 This has always been one of my favorite restaurants.  It still makes me mad how expensive it is, but when I was pregnant with Mallory that was my craving. Yes, she has been an expensive child since conception! Little did I know that it would not end.


I must say, the experience is much different with two kids, but we went during the middle of the afternoon so we wouldn't ruin the experience for any one else.

Mallory thought the whole thing was pretty cool. She loved, loved, loved the chocolate and dippers.
Luckily, Jared slept through about half of it, so at that part was less stressful.


#7 Qdoba Mexican Grill

I couldn't believe they didn't have one in Charleston. The closest one is an hour and a half away.  I fell in love with Qdoba because it was one of the very few places that actually had a food option that didn't contain dairy, soy, wheat, or corn. Naked pork burrito with guac, my staple dinner backup, you will truly be missed! I introduced many to the awesomeness of Qdoba, may you always remember me everytime you eat there.

#6 Healthfood Unlimited
I know every place has a healthfood store, but this one has one of the best selections of dye and corn free candy, next to Whole Foods of course (which I will miss that too but there wasn't one in Dayton).

#5 Blueberry Cafe, #4 The Dairy Shed
Both of these were located in downtown Bellbrook.  Blueberry Cafe had awesome breakfast and The Dairy Shed was a great place to walk to eat ice cream, especially after dance class.  Bellbrook was such a great city to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment