thought, a prayer, word of encouragement, or whatever it is that helps someone out during an extremely stressful time. Eric leaves tomorrow to head out to West Virginia to take the BAR Exam on Tuesday and Wednesday, they pack and load us Tuesday and Wednesday, and the kids and I will join Eric on Friday after I finish up work for the week. We have done a lot of stressful things, but I think this one is by far the most stressful and has hit our family the hardest.
The unfortunate part about the BAR is that you never feel prepared for it (and if someone does I'm guessing it's a false sense of security, but what do I know, I've never taken it). There is nothing you can do to get that boost of encouragement that you are making progress and that you will pass. I wish I could say that even Wednesday when Eric walks out of the exam room he will be relieved, but I can't. The next two months will just be waiting and more waiting to find out if in fact that feeling of failing really was failing. As much as I try to encourage Eric and work through it with him, I have never done this before and it's really just me going out on limb hoping what I'm saying is true.
Mallory is also have a hard time with the situation right now. She has been having a lot of breakdowns and is need of a lot of extra cuddles (which thankfully I can do that). She is really concerned with us leaving her stuff behind and has been asking a lot of questions about the move. She is really struggling with Eric having to study so much. The only good part is that she knows as soon as we get to the new house that Daddy is done studying, so at least she has that to look forward too.
Jared, well he doesn't know what's going on, phew!
As for me, I am hanging in there, but am looking forward to this all being over. It will definitely be a change working from home and not interacting with co-workers everyday, but I am looking forward to having my husband back. This move will be the most emotional move yet. I can't even think about it without getting worked up. We have so many great friends and family here that I will not even be able to hold it together as I drive off on Friday. I have only had a few meltdowns so far as I've said some goodbyes but I am really dreading this week.
All in all, the Holway family is mentally and emotionally drained at this point and could use some thoughts, prayers, or encouragement. I don't ask for this a lot, but as we head into this last stressful week, I think we need it more than ever.
Mixed Feelings
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment