Just before we left Ohio, Jared moved up to the young toddler classroom. For those of you who don't know, Jared had a strong attachment to his infant teachers, especially Ms. Katie.
I photo shopped the two of them together as part of a going away gift (it was my first photo shop experiencez so the hair got a little messed up).
Anyway, when Jared transitioned, he refused to take his bottle from anyone except Ms. Katie. For the three weeks we were there, Ms. Katie had to go and feed him his bottle. Now that we have moved, there is no Ms. Katie. I thought maybe with it being a new place he'd suck it up and deal, but no such luck. I tried for a week, but after a lot of wasted breast milk I gave up. Most are probably thinking, wow, must be nice. In actuality, because he isn't drinking anything a school, he wants to nurse NON STOP when we are at home. For those who know how milk supply works, this is not ideal. Since he hasn't given up nursing altogether, I think I will look back into being a donor.
Can we say stubborn though? We miss you Ms. Katie!

No comments:
Post a Comment