All I can say is I am sooo glad it's over. Moving is never fun, but I have to say this is one of the worst moving jobs we have ever had, which was disappointing because it was not cheap! (Don't worry though, there will be many claims and many complaints!).
I don't know how this got in this post, but I guess it's a good thing to note that there was a lot of purging of things that have traveled with us from house to house like this.
First thing that made this move awful was the first day Eric left, I came home to them working on our house - no notice or anything from the owner. I couldn't get into the garage and we had to hear pounding until almost 10pm, which wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have a dog who barked at every single noise. It also was a pain that the packers had to have them move all their stuff so they could get the boxes inside.
The second dreadful thing was living out of a suitcase with the bare minimum with tons of boxes around you. It made me realize I never want to go camping with young kids. I slept on the air mattress with the kids and Mallory must have fallen off six times throughout the night. Finally, I just gave up and let her sleep like this.
Jared was quite the helper.
The third dreadful part, while somewhat humorous, is that I had a gift certificate that needed to be used before we left. I had a manicure and haircut but still had 15 dollars left so I decided to get an eyebrow wax which I barely ever do. As she was doing it, I thought to myself, I wonder how often they screw up. That is where I went wrong, thinking it must have set it into motion. As I was lying there, the girl started shaking and almost crying because a piece of wax was stuck to the strip and she removed a section of my eyebrow. I can now say it has grown back in, but for 2 weeks I had to draw in this little section. I'm just glad it wasn't worse.
After working on Thursday, I rushed home to make the drive to our new house. Did I ever mention how much Jared hates his car seat?? It took 5 hours to get there. He slept for the first hour, but after that he wanted nothing to do with his car seat. After about 2 hours of stopping and going,I finally got him to fall asleep with the light on and I concluded our trip. We didn't get to the house until almost midnight and we had to unpack all the coolers so the food from our fridge didn't go bad. Needless to say it was a long night!
Upon arrival, we walked into a house that was "unpacked" and by unpacked I mean every box in our house was dumped out into piles on the floor. There were scratches all over our hardwood floor, tacks from the office box everywhere, and it looked like someone puked all of our goods all over our house.
So many things were bent or torn.
Walls were banged up.
And the best part was we realized we did not have a pantry like I swore the floor plan had. I had to make shift and use the lazy susan.
They failed to take the grease trap out of the grill so it spilled EVERYWHERE!
They set heavy metal thing that left indents on our leather dining room chairs. Seriously, where is the common sense?
Needless to say it was overwhelming, so we made sure we took lots of breaks to go to the pool and the park.
And now that we are settled, hopefully the odd behavior from all the change, like sleeping with hula hoops, will go away.
However, I can finally say, IT's OVER!





















No comments:
Post a Comment