I was feeling really guilty that I didn't throw a party for Jared's second birthday, but I have come to terms with the fact that he wont remember and it really will be OK. I did bring donuts to his school and he at least got to celebrate it there, so I guess that counts somewhat. He even sniped one as we were getting out of the car. I have never seen a kid get caught and put it their mouth so quick.
That night we went to Olive Garden and he got a little ice cream sundae and that was it. A simple day for a simple boy....or at least I'll keep telling myself that. The whole way come we sang happy birthday to him and he would point to himself and say, "too me". He thought it was so cool we were singing to him.
I didn't get him any presents, but our neighbors are moving and I think passed on more toys than he could have ever dreamed of getting for many birthday's and Christmas's to come. We couldn't thank them enough!
And his favorite present of all was his car seat being turned around in the car. So excited over the littlest things :)
Happy birthday bub! We love you!










No comments:
Post a Comment