I was not prepared for living in what I now consider the wilderness. I think that is fair statement when you have wild turkey's in your
back yard.
The spiders here are huge, and they jump. It totally creeps me out. I hate it when I'm working from home and they pop out of nowhere. I had to do some spider research so I knew if they were poisonous or not. Looking at a google search of spiders is pretty disturbing.
Here is the one that is on our deck. He's been there about 2 weeks now.
There are squirrels everywhere. Every time I touch the breaks a little too hard, Mallory asks if there was a squirrel, It makes me laugh when I have to tell her, no it's just Mommy's driving.
I found this poor fallen animal in our garage.
More turkey's.
And turtles...who knew you'd find turtles in the mountains???I actually got out of my car to shoo him to the side of the road. Unfortunately on my way home he had been taken by another car.
For some reason I did not think about the snakes, mice, deer, wild turkey's, bears, roaming cats and dogs, turtles, raccoons, and horses that would go along with living in our neighborhood. Which brings me to the point of my post, with a lot of wild animals, there is a lot road kill. If you ever come to visit, drive slowly, save the turtles (and other wildlife, except the spiders, I'm ok without those).






No comments:
Post a Comment