I had great intentions of doing the standard blog post of what I'm thankful for...but, the time has passed and now it's more about recapping the festivity than it is about writing an emotional post of how many things I am truly thankful for.
Dan, Lisa, and Natalie came down for Thanksgiving dinner and Ryan and Sandra made it over for a late dessert. It was nice to have a laid back, small Thanksgiving. It made the day enjoyable and not as stressful as the larger gatherings can be.
Here is our table. The flowers were $2, the ribbon was $1, and the leaves and pumpkins were free. Everything else we had. I was very pleased with how it turned out.
Our feast. It was soy, dairy, corn, wheat, and egg free. Nobody knew the difference!
Mallory giving her "cheesy" smile.
Mallory drinking her "special" juice (sparkling cider).
Here are the napkin ring holders I made. I think Jared's turned out the cutest.
Dan, Lisa, and Natalie
Ryan and Sandra
All in all, everything turned out for our first year of hosting Thanksgiving. We truly are thankful for our great friends and family - we appreciate everything you do to help us out and support us.
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment