I remember always looking forward to the "fall back" and extra hour of sleep I was going to get. For all of you without kids, I'm going to let you in on a secret, there is nothing good that comes from daylight savings post kids. Ok, so maybe that is an exaggeration, the first night, they go to bed earlier, so now instead of a 10pm bedtime, both kids are down by 9pm and you find yourself thinking it's pretty great you just got an extra hour to yourself. That perk lasts less than a day when you realize they are up an hour earlier the next morning. Then, as the week goes on, the bedtime moves slowly back to 10pm, and the waking up moves, well nowhere. Then they are getting less sleep, more crabby, and within two weeks you are back to normal. All this so it can get dark out earlier, which adds to the greatness that your two year old thinks they can't go to dance because it's dark outside which must mean it's bedtime, or that when you are driving home from school she "can't see her eyes" (it's too dark), and Jared now screams the 3 minute drive home because he doesn't like the dark. Of the two daylight savings, I definitely prefer this one, because come spring, it's a later bedtime and then not wanting to get up in the morning....so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment