For what was supposed to be 45 minutes left in the trip, ended up being 32 miles of stopped traffic. It took 4 hours to go the last "45 minutes" because apparently Saturday night at 5pm is the worst time to get in. There wasn't any way to pull off and Mallory kept saying she got poop on her seat belt. We thought maybe it just felt that way, but nope, 100 degree weather and a massive diaper change was just what we needed half way through the traffic, and she was right, it was everywhere. It was really nice to show up and surprise everyone. The weather ended up being great and Jared got to meet many relatives for the first time. Unfortunately I did not take very many pictures and the ones I did I didn't realize were all foggy because the lens fogged from the humidity. Once I get more from everyone else I'll post them, but here is what I have for now.
This is the bridge that crosses to
OBX. This picture was taken on the way home and you can tell because on the way there it would have been red brake lights and tons of cars.

Jared being held by Uncle Chance and Bryce, and cousin Haleigh.

Attempting to get a picture with Caitlin.

She does weird things when she gets shy and this is one of them.

Haleigh, Shanna, Bryce, Mallory, and Caitlin.

The view from the beach house.

Jared and Grandpa Foster.

Lots of Phase 10 during the week.

Mallory sniping some chips (and snipe is her new favorite word).

Digging a hole.

She was actually putting sand in the hole they were digging out.


Jared was a trooper through the whole trip. However he doesn't give any warning when he is ready to eat. He'll go from completely content to letting out a big
squawk, so the whole week he obtained the nickname "
squawky." Hopefully that doesn't stick with him forever!

Mallory going under the obstacle course.

Every year there are teams and we do an "Amazing Race." This is one of the events where they had to fill up the buckets with a squirt gun. It was a lot harder than it looked.

Mallory playing with the jelly fish she found.

Eric and Mallory

The blue and red team getting ready to start their relay.

Mallory playing with the squirt gun.

Eric running back on his turn.

Mallory's first trip down to the beach.


This was another part of the race where they had to run through the sand dunes to find bags with puzzle pieces that had to then be put together. After this they had to go to the Wright Brother's Museum and then had to eat 12 raw oysters.
Mallory playing with the race cars (which was the last leg of the race). As much as she loved them, we had to take them away because she kept chewing the tires off.
She was so exhausted at the end of each day.
I wish I had more pictures, but since I don't, as soon as I get some from everyone else I'll post them. I'm hoping there are some of the kayaking and more of Jared and Mallory with the rest of the family. Mallory had a blast and already misses everyone, the beach, and the pool. She especially misses Grandpa because he gave her a nutty bar. Now every time she wants a snack she says she needs Grandpa. Our SUV was completely packed for this trip so we are starting to worry about how we are going to pack everything when we go to Colorado for Christmas! We can't wait to see everyone then!
1 comment:
Love the pic's, glad you all had a great time (except for the traffic & accident, lol). I want to go to that family reunion, sounds fun every year!
Colette
Post a Comment