We have yet to find a good consistant babysitter here, so we implemented our own in house date night. Every Wednesday after the kids go to bed we have a date night. We have switched off planning, but I started with this one. We did smores (which apparently you cannot use a lighter to roast the marshmallows - I don't know that for sure, but Eric had no interest in trying).
We used our fireplace for the first time (which apparently the vent is broken on, so the house quickly smelled of gas).
We enjoyed each others company and watched a movie from the RedBox. It's been so nice to make time for just the two of us. It's so easy with kids to get caught up in the everyday life and not make time for each, but I have found if you plan it, it will happen. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment