Well this past week we tried to give Jared solid food. Much to my surprise he had absolutely no interest whatsoever in them. I tried whole banana pieces, pureed bananas, sweet potatoes, whole green beans, and avocado, and he wanted nothing to do with any of them. I tried different spoons, I tried sneaking it in, and nothing worked. In fact, he would either clamp his mouth shut or completely gag or choke if something did make it in there. So...I have decided to wait and try again next month. I figure he'll come around to it on his own time and it's not worth both of us getting frustrated and then ending with a mess that wasn't even necessary. Babies don't need solids the first 12 months anyway, and he's still gaining weight (barely because of all his sickness), so why bother?
Here he is with his banana pieces.
And here he is spitting it right back out. I couldn't get it on camera but his little nose scrunch of disgust was pretty darn cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment