Saturday, October 9, 2010

3 months and 31 months!

Wow! Jared is already 3 months. I don't have his stats but when standing on the scale with him he seems to be right around 16lbs, which isn't much more than last month. They should be gaining 1-2lbs a month right now (and he was gaining 5lbs, and 3lbs a month) so I don't know if I should be concerned, or just thankful that I can now rest assured that I won't be on some "Big People" show for having some abnormally large child. I'm not that concerned yet because he still eats, sleeps, and looks healthy, so until something changes, I don't think I need to be alarmed. He did go to bed the other night at 5:45 and I thought for sure I'd be up with him at 3am but he slept all the way until 9am (waking up for short periods to get a little bit of milk), so my guess is that he was growing.

Jared is starting to get a little bit of personality and he is so smiley lately that I couldn't help but take the kids in to get their pictures taken to capture his cute dimples on camera! I could write a whole post on that experience but I will just make one statement, if you are going to own a business that involves appointment times with kids, STAY ON SCHEDULE. There is nothing worse then trying to plan around feedings/naps only to have it thrown off by long wait times. Anyway, here are a few of my favorites:

Our sleeping dragon (he was exhausted at this point).
Our princess :)

How cute are those dimples?

As for Mallory, she seems to have up and down weeks. Her mind seems to be much more "creative" lately. For example, she thought it would be great to drop her almonds down the back of the bed, draw all over hands, and put permanent marker on her face. I also made an awesome pineapple upside down carrot cake (free of corn, dairy, soy, eggs, and wheat/gluten), and during the cooling phase she thought she would be a helper and salt it for me. Within a minute the whole top was white. I scraped the top layer off but it still had salty bites. It was one of those moments where I got mad, but then couldn't really get mad because she thought she was helping - so I turned it into a lesson on things we do and don't salt.

Mallory also loves taking care of Jared, specifically getting a blanket for him. I am constantly reminding her that it does not go over his head. This is her compromise.

This month has also been a bad month for the dishes in our house. We lost the pan that exploded, 3 glasses, and a coffee mug. They were all on accident, but at the rate we are going, we'll need a whole new set by Christmas (hint, hint). All I can say is that life is unpredictable, but especially with kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment