Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mallory and her "Baby Brother"

Mallory is slowly adjusting to having Jared around. The concept of quiet doesn't exist in the world of a 2 year old. You don't realize how loud they are until you are trying to keep it at somewhat of a reasonable noise level. We finally have her to where she'll walk on her tippy toes so she doesn't sound like a heard of cows while walking on the hardwood floors. Luckily, Jared hasn't been phased by too much noise, but I can tell he is slowly becoming more sensitive to it.

The first week was rough for Mallory. She was not on board to the idea of sharing her nursies, her daddy, or her mommy. I try and think of how she is feeling and I can imagine it's similar to Eric coming home saying he now has a new wife and we are going to have to share him. I can see where this isn't all that exciting to her.

She wants to be picked up every time Jared is being held and has reverted to a stage of disobedience when it comes to listening. I have resorted to anticipating it and distracting her with a different activity because time outs don't seem to phase her - in fact she likes it because we have to put all of our attention into disciplining her. However, as we have started into week 2 she is doing much better, although she still does not like to share her Daddy. She is such a sensitive child that her feelings get hurt so easily, which makes it even harder.

On a more positive note, Mallory loves to hold and kiss Jared. She asks all day and night if she can hold him and anytime we are holding him she has to give kisses on the head and the nose. She loves all his different movements and noises -she thinks it is really funny when he has the hiccups and when he fills his diaper.

Everyone keeps asking if they look alike, here is a picture of Mallory and one of Jared, so you can decide.



Laughing at one of his many noises.
I was so proud of myself for this one.


Lots of kisses.
She does not like her picture taken, so it's hard to get good ones.

She likes to lay with baby brother, which often starts a little to close to/on his head.
More kisses (on the nose this time).
I am not sure what the fascination is with the nose. She also has one for picking his hair, which we have had to be very on top of so she doesn't pull it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment