Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Little Things

The first few days after birth are chaotic, but after that, you start to stare at your baby for many hours of the day and you notice ever bit of detail about them. In the first week, here are some of the many little things I've noticed about Jared.

1. He has the cutest dimples that I can't seem to capture on film. I am not sure where he genetically got these from, the mailman? It's the same thing with Mallory's tongue tie -a mystery I must say. I am so thankful Jared is not tongue-tied. It has made nursing so much less painful and easier.
2. He has the same little stork mark on the back of his neck where Mallory has one.
3. He has "alfalfa" hair that sticks up on the top of his head.
4. He has really long fingernails, fingers, and toes.
5. He has detached earlobes and the left one sticks up a little bit, especially when he gets really mad.
6. He has the skinniest little legs.
7. I know every baby has this, but their skin is just too soft not to mention it.
8. He has a hair colic right at his widow's peak (and a receding hairline that makes him look like a little old man sometimes).
9. He has peach fuzz all over his cheeks. So cute.
10. Most of all, he hates diaper changes. The rest of the time he is pretty content, but man he'll put up a fight when it comes to changing his diaper.

We also noticed this the other day, he has a tiny little bit of cradle cap, but it happens to be in the shape of a J - so it's a sign he was meant to be a Jared all along. It's hard to see in the picture, but I promise it's there.


No comments:

Post a Comment