Saturday, January 7, 2012

18 months and 46 months!

Holy Macaroni, I actually got this post updated not a month late!! Way to start off the new year!  Anyway, I started the "xx Months and xx Months" posts after having done something similar about each week during my pregnancy with Jared.   I thought it would eventually end up being a post where I would have nothing to write about because it was every month, but here I am, a year and half later still doing it.  I'll admit, in the beginning it was more milestone related, but now it has pretty much become the post I look forward to where I get to take all the random pictures from the month that don't really have anywhere else to go and dump them for you to enjoy.  I love these posts because it allows me to remember all the crazy ideas/stories they came up with during the month.  It's amazing how much you forget in just a month until you start looking at pictures.

Anyway, here are the pictures from this past month.

 Why wouldn't you take every big bowl from the kitchen, line them up, and use them as walking path? 

You spend time teaching them to swing a golf club, then realize, when they start swinging it at everything, including you and the walls, the person who invented a golf set for young kids apparently never had kids.

Look at me.
Here they are at Eric's office. Jared hit his lip at the park the day before (and that night is the night Mallory busted open her chin).  I swear we don't beat our children.
Jared insists on putting his chair on the mattress to sit on. Why he likes this will always be a mystery.
I'm not sure who this is more embarrassing for, me or them.


Jared loves his hat.  I think he knows he looks cute in it too!
Oh yes, we have a climber.  Jared climbs on anything and everything. If he can't get where he wants, no problem, he will push a chair or stool to whatever he wants and climb to get there.

Jared's 15 seconds of coloring attention span. After that it's coloring on the floor and table.
Mid play rest, or tantrum, I'm not sure.
While it is similar to a chair, the dollhouse patio will break.  I cannot break him of this habit.
Look mom, I'm pregnant.  Wonder who she has seen pregnant lately, not me!
Mallory doing her "teacher books" in the background while Jared sleeps.
More climbing and bouncing (hence the terrible picture).
Jared loves dancing and music. The moment any song comes on he starts dancing and as soon as it turns off he claps and says, "yay!"
Jared accidentally touched the remote and it changed it to this channel with weird music and dancing.  He wouldn't stop dancing to it.
Here is a little video of his dance moves:)
Jared Dancing

One last little tidbit for the month. The other day I got her picture book of all her primrose friends.  5 months later she was still able to name every single one of them. 

The other thing I've learned this month, if you have a 1 year old and you hear "one, two...", you better run as fast as you can because by the time they get to three, that means either some thing is about to be thrown right at you so you better get out of the way, or they are about to jump off something and you need to be there to catch them.  Either one doesn't end well.

Well there you have it, another month.  Seeing as I'm starting back into the school semester in a couple of weeks, this will probably be my last on time post for the remainder of the semester. I cannot wait for it to be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment