Whoever came up with terrible twos apparently never to made it to age 3. I know personality probably plays a big factor, but wow is Mallory pushing every limit possible. It's the let me do everything that you ask me not to do phase, let me ignore everything you say phase, and let me make up every reason why I did one of the above. Then, when you are the parent that is taking care of it, it somehow makes the other parent step in to try and help, which results in everyone arguing/crying and Jared covering his ears because he has no idea what the heck is going on. Then we try and end with lots of cuddles until it happens again 5 minutes later. Thankfully it goes is swings and is not every day, but the weeks where it is like that every day are very trying. I sure hope this stage passes. I read it was like the pre-adolescence phase. Ugh, I cannot even imagine what she will be like during her teen years. Please pray for me now!
As for Jared, he is going through a "I want Mommy all the time" phase. He is so clingy and if he knows I am around he has to be with me or I have to be within a 5 foot radius. He gets very territorial too. He has started hitting and pushing, especially when Mallory is around (which about 90% of the time she eggs on, i.e. look Jared, I'm standing by Mommy, Look Jared I have this really cool toy you'll want...). We are working on other ways to express feelings (but what other ways do you really have when you can't talk??).
Mallory has also learned "Knock, Knock" jokes. You know, the ones where they just make something up that makes no sense and you pretend they are funny...I think every kid goes through this stage. I just go with it, after all, it's helping her creative side, right? At least that is my justification.
Mallory also has something to say about everything. I was trying to do something and started walking up the stairs while nursing Jared. I tripped and when I fell I hurt my knee. Mallory sits there for a minute and says, "Mom, don't you think it would be a better idea to stop nursing Jared, walk up the stairs, and then nurse him again so you don't fall with him?" Why yes Mallory, that would have been a great idea. That's just what I needed to hear after hurting myself. I don't need the obvious pointed out thank you very much (had Eric said that he probably would have received a much different response:))
Also, maybe someone could shed light on this one. Mallory has been saying, "Oh my GOD." I am guessing she picked up on this at school because it's not something we ever say. Anyway, in trying to explain to her that we don't say that, I could not get through to her that we can say God in some contexts and not others. She just kept saying, "but Mom, we talk about God at school." We sing, "Oh my God, oh my Jesus". Ok, I give up on explaining that one. Suggestions?
I also took Jared in for his 15 month appointment (only two months late). He is growing well. He's in the 75th percentile and his head is back on the charts at the 95th percentile. He has always had this raised skin on his back from birth, so we are going into the dermatologist in a couple months to have that checked out. Hopefully it's nothing.
Here are a few pictures from the month:
I had to wash this stuffed dog since it was at school with Mallory. Jared has never used this dog before, but had an emotional breakdown for the whole night because it was in the washer and he could see it spinning around. The first thing he did when he got up in the morning was going to get the dog out of the clean laundry pile. He was so excited it was OK.
Who needs toys when you have a box?
I was cleaning the kitchen and thinking I was almost done and I turned around and the kids had made more mess. You can never catch up....and since when did they know there were straws in this drawer?
Jared thinks it's so fun to lick your fingers after you are eating. He does it even when he's not eating now.
Mallory loves staying in the lines. As she puts it, "I worked really hard to stay in the lines." Great job Mallory!
I love that kids can fall asleep sitting up. That is one thing I have never mastered.
I asked Jared to get me a tissue. He came out pulling the roll of toilet paper behind him. All I got was Eric's mom taking it back.
Jared at the pediatricians office. He loved playing with all the toys.
This is the only picture I could get which is terrible because he was moving, but Jared is crazy about balls. Unfortunately, the advent calender we had came with chocolate balls which he insisted on carrying around. This often resulted in Roscoe eating them (foil and all), it melting in his hands, or him biting into the foil. I finally had to hide them to avoid the battle. He would fall asleep with them in his hands and would wake up the moment we tried to take it out.
I can't believe how fast they grow!














No comments:
Post a Comment