Thursday, December 1, 2011

16 months and 44 months!


Once again, over a month late, but better late than never I guess. 

As for Jared, he is definitely going through a Mommas boy phase.  I'm not sure if it's the age or the fact that he has some molars coming through, but he wants me to hold him all the time, and only me.  If anyone but me gets within a 5 inch radius, he squeals.    As you can probably guess, Mallory finds this to be a fun game where she moves in so he squeals and then moves back (but Mom, I'm not touching him or doing anything....).  Mallory's second favorite thing to do is to get something and say, "Jared, look what I have" knowing he will want it and that he will scream when he can't have it.

I have also been informed that Jared is the class clown.  I didn't know you could be a class clown at age 1.  I guess he waits for the kids to look at him and will do anything to make them laugh....I think we are in trouble.

I also find it so odd how little Jared eats certain days.  He refuses to take a bottle or anything other than water (he even smells the cups now to make sure it's not something else), so he's not filling up on liquids.  At some point in time he has eaten everything we try to give him, so I know it's not that he doesn't like it.  However, his staple foods he would probably live off of if we'd let him are bananas, avocados, and eggs.  He also LOVES the fish oil vitamins.  Him and Mallory seem to think they are candy.  I have no idea how they eat them as I almost gag smelling their breath after the little capsule bursts in their mouth.  I guess I should be thankful they think they are getting candy when they get their vitamins....

Mallory on the other hand will eat anything and everything.  She loves food and has to have her snacks! I don't go anywhere with snacks. Perhaps she gets this from me.  I was told Mallory is the role model for showing the kids how to eat their food at school.  I will take that over the class clown any day.

The other day I bought the movie The Little Rascals thinking Mallory would love it. I forgot most parts of the movie, but when Alfalfa had to stay by himself and the kids scare him it was too much for her and she didn't want to watch anymore. However, she loved the move Elf.

Mallory continues to improve her inflection and vocabulary.  The one thing we have yet to be able to correct her on is lose vs. use.  She uses the word lose for both of them. 

The couple weeks ago on the way home I was trying to keep Mallory from falling asleep so I was asking her if we turned left or right. I thought she was just guessing and getting them right by chance, but after never being wrong, I realized she actually knew her left and right.  

That is all I can think of for now.  I will leave you with a few funny quotes from the month:

Me: Grandpa is coming tomorrow.  Do you remember who he is?
Mallory: I think his name is FOS (which is what my dad is called, short for Foster) :)  She hasn't seen him in over 5 months, so I'm surprised she remembered/picked up on that.  Needless to say, it wasn't that grandpa that was coming, but I thought it was funny.

Mallory is also learning units of time and measurement.  The other day we were in a public restroom, Mallory proceeded to tell me and everyone in there that,"Mom, I have a whole week's worth of poop."

And now I leave you with a few pictures.

Can't remember if I mentioned that Mallory got glasses.  I guess with an astigmatism they are supposed to wear them as much as they can.


Jared loves talking on the phone...only he only likes the real one which is problematic when he dials out.

Why wouldn't your 1 year old put a dvd in the fireplace vent?

Mallory saw a picture of a girl with curly hair in a store and wanted hers to be the same.  She must have asked about 100 times that day if her hair was still curly.


Last, this is how I know I take too many pictures.  The other night at dinner the kids were fighting over who got their picture taken so I had to keep going back and forth.
On a side note, I guess I should add spaghetti to one of Jared's favorites.





Our latest addition to Charleston is Chik-fil-A.  Mallory and Jared loving playing in the little play place but I HATE it.  People dont watch their kids, it stinks, and it's sticky, ugh.



Jared and his obsession with stools, stairs, and climbing.



Jared couldn't figure out how to get to Eric.
All day long you are busy busy busy and can't wait for some down time, then the kids go to sleep and they look so cute and peaceful you miss them and want to wake them up (and then you come to your senses).

No comments:

Post a Comment