Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Things I won't miss about this House! Part 1

In so many ways I am sad to leave Dayton, however, there is not one thing I will miss about this rental other than the memories that we made as a family here.  This will actually be a part 1 and part 2 post because I've started the posts at separate occasions and I don't want to upload the pictures again.

First, there are stains all over the carpet.  Surprisingly, this is the only stain that Mallory decided to do about a month ago.  Why wouldn't you stamp the carpet? Luckily I got the stain out, but there are plenty of other stains that we have lived with that we did not create.


Something is wrong with the water in this house.  I think it has to do with the water softener which we have tried to put salt in, but all of the faucets, shower heads, etc. have calcified and it is impossible to do something and not get sprayed from the water shooting out in a direction it's not supposed to shoot.

Oh, and there has been a leak under the kitchen sink for over a year.  We used to just put a cup, but we were emptying it every couple of days, so we resorted to bucket.

This water problem has also led to the dishes coming out of the dishwasher with a white film that is impossible to get off.  The dishes are actually dirtier coming out than going in.  We have not used a dishwasher in over a year.

Here are more stamps Mallory decided to put on the couch.

Ah, the good ol' bathroom leak.  For a few weeks, you couldn't go to the bathroom without getting dripped on.  As you can see it actually molded. I swear it was making my throat dry from the mold.  It has since been fixed and I have not had a problem.

Continue on to the part 2 post to see more things I won't miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment