Into the first drawer...
Yes, Mom?
Getting fancy, into two at one time.
Why wouldn't princess shoes go into the toilet? If I hadn't called his name 20 time to distract him while I was in the shower, I'm sure more things, including him would have ended up in there.
This is just one room of the house, but every room has just as many drawers and just as many things to get into. I'm sure you are all thinking, why don't you just baby proof? Well, we are moving in a month and I'm not about to baby proof a rental. Speaking of baby proofing, we filled every socket with the plastic covers when we had Mallory and I thought they were the biggest pain and hurt to try and take off. Mallory never got into them and I used to think people were just wasting their money. I must say, I get it now. Little curious Jared thinks cords and outlets and anything you can stick in a outlet is fun. I also have to admit that I used to judge those who used the leashes on their children, but after two, I could see where that might be a great idea.
After all is said and done, I do realize that all kids are curious, and that doesn't end. Just last weekend, Mallory was curious about what it would be like to get into her baby stroller with her bear. It took both Dan and I to get her out because she was really stuck.
I'm hoping all this curiosity pays off in the end. People say the most curious kids are the smartest ones. I don't know if that has any factual backing, but I'm pretty sure it's just to make you feel better for all the messes that curiosity creates.
No comments:
Post a Comment