Friday, April 22, 2011

Sugar Maple Parade

We usually just go to the parade, but this year we were apart of the parade.  The Froehlich family made a Primrose float that we rode on and tossed out candy and balls out of.  The kids had a blast, despite the rain that made it's appearance up until the start of the parade. 

I really did not think things through as far as transportation was concerned.  I thought it would be a good idea to drop the car off at the house and then just walk to the float since the line up was just across the street.  Little did I know, the lineup started across the street at number 1, and we were number 56.  So I put Jared in the sling, grabbed my umbrella, and trekked it all the way to number 56.  Quite the workout.  Luckily I did not walk the parade but rather sat on the float.  The idea was to get off the float at the end of the parade and walk the block back to the old firehouse where Mallory was supposed to dance with her dance class.  Little did I know, at the end of the parade, they make you keep going, and I ended up too far away and just ended up riding all the way back to Primrose.  That would have been fine, however, I took my car home.  Luckily, the Froehlich's were nice enough to let use their carseats and drove us back to the firehouse.

We got there with about 3 minutes to spare.  Since Mallory was practicing her dance the whole night before, and they had been going into the big girl classroom to perform lately, I thought she would be fine.  Nope, not only did she not move from the starting spot, at the point in the dance where they are supposed to skip in a circle, it turned into a cluster of girls all running into the back of Mallory because she wouldn't move.  I wonder if the recital will go any better. 

After she was done not dancing, we started on our walk home.  40 minutes later we arrived.  Jared slept the whole time, so it was dead weight the whole way home.  Workout #2 for the day.  After we got home, we had some lunch and Mallory crashed for 2.5 hours. 

 She wants to put this on and dance every night now.


Caroline and Mallory on the float.


Overall, it was a great day.  Mallory had so much fun.  You wonder why you do things as a parent that end up being really stressful, but when you see the look on your child's face, and the excitement when they tell others about it, it makes it all worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment