Mallory got a book for her birthday that I read a story out of every night before bed. Last Tuesday, as we were reading she pointed to the picture and said, "They are silly eating outside on the ground." That is when I explained to her what a picnic is. Ever since then, she has been asking to go on a picnic. Today was the day (after laundry, grocery shopping, and a birthday party of course). While she was napping I packed the basket. As you will see, it's not your typical picnic basket because we don't actually own one, if we did, perhaps she would have known what a picnic was before now. So I used an Easter basket. I'm guessing we'll have some confusion come Easter day.
I bet you'll never guess what she was most excited about...yep, passing out the plates and napkins. I'm seeing a trend. Perhaps that will be my new bribing technique.
We didn't go far, just out to the front yard.
Isn't he just the cutest little boy ever?
No comments:
Post a Comment