I have delayed in writing this post because I wanted to cool off a little bit and remember the good from the party and not the insensitive comments and unnecessary stress that appeared during the preparation process. I do realize that my stress tolerance is higher than most people's,but there is nothing more stressful to me than someone else getting stressed out thinking about the stress they think I'm feeling when I'm not. I do this for fun - it's a creative outlet for me that I don't get to do often. Note to all - please please please don't go to a 3 year old's birthday party if you expect it to be calm and stress free.
Now that I have that off my chest, here are the highlights.
This was part of the food and the rest was on the back counter. We had sea scum (guac), scuttle treats (cheese and crackers), Da Shrimp, turtle eggs (deviled eggs), pb&j fish shaped sandwiches, goldfish, and Swedish fish... mmm, I'm getting hungry looking at it.
Here are the napkins. This was surprisingly the only meltdown we had of the whole party. Mallory had been talking for weeks about how she was going to pass out the plates and napkins. I just assumed she would do this for the cake, but as soon as someone came into one of the rooms with a plate of food she lost it. Who knew that the whole party revolved around passing out plates and napkins?
All of the cakes and cupcakes were homemade and the icing was made with natural food coloring. The cake was white and the cupcakes were pumpkin and chocolate.
My masterpiece of and Ariel cake - OK, so it's not the best out there but pretty darn good for a non-experienced cake maker.
Morgan and Rowan painting.
Natalie with the sea slime.
This room was the hit of the party. As you can see, this is where most of the chaos took place.
And the guys had to watch basketball of course.
Attempting to get a picture of Mallory and Cooper.
This was a pull string pinata that could also be used as a hitting pinata. We chose the hitting route. Some kids couldn't wait to hit it and others wanted nothing to do with it.
They all loved getting the candy though.
Getting ready to sing Happy Birthday.
All her presents (that she didn't need but if you read before, I lost that battle).
Happy Birthday Mallory!
No comments:
Post a Comment