1) Within five minutes, I was reading Mallory a book on the floor and I felt this warm/wet sensation on my leg. I thought it was just my sciatic nerve acting up from the pregnancy, but nope, it was Mallory peeing on my leg. I have no idea how that happened - she had a diaper on. This should have been our first sign that our weekend wasn't going to end up as planned.
2) Friday night we headed to bed around 10 because Mallory had fallen asleep on the drive up there and within 20 minutes of her being asleep she was drenched in sweat and had a fever. I'm pretty sure we only slept maybe a total of 2 hours between all the interruptions of her waking up. She was so out of it from being tired and not feeling well she was crying all night and kicking back and forth not making any sense. We felt awful that now we had brought Natalie more than just a present for her birthday but also a bunch of germs - and we probably kept her up all night from the crying.
3) Saturday Mallory was feeling much better but she had two exhausted parents. You would think after a night of not sleeping she'd have a long nap. Wrong again. A short 15 minute nap led to an afternoon nap at 3pm - which is of course right when the party started. So Mallory and I spent the first hour of the party in the other room.
4) While laying on the couch, I get a call from a number I didn't recognize, only to find out Roscoe had gotten out and was down the street at their neighbors house. I did find humor in the fact they looked up area code 719 (which is Colorado) and were quite confused at how this dog had gotten so far from home.
4) After being reminded for weeks to bring the cake topper and cake icing tool, you'd think I'd remember. Nope. So we had to wing it a bit with the cake (which I thought turned out quite yummy). Unfortunately I also forgot the camera battery charger, so I had to use Lisa's camera to get the few pictures I could.
5) Upon Natalie opening what I thought were toddler crayons/markers, we find out it's paint. What a mess! (pictures below). Luckily I found the crayons today so I will be sending those their way soon.
6)Since Mallory had a great day, I was fooled into thinking it would be a great night. Wrong again. This time she was up all night, but with no fever. I have no idea why and whoever thought that it would be fun to screw with our sleep for a few nights in the middle of the few weeks we need it the most is just plain evil. I couldn't even nurse her because I would start getting contractions and the last thing I needed was to go into labor. The next day, again, she did not settle in for a nap until our drive home at 3:30 so we couldn't even nap when she did, and since it was a late nap, she was up until 10:30 with two exhausted parents.
Despite everything that went wrong, the party turned out great. Here are few pictures to sum it up (and hopefully the germs don't stick around).
Natalie reading her card.
No comments:
Post a Comment