The other day I got the idea with it being so hot out to make breast milk ice cream since I was thinking of how awful it must be to drink warm breast milk when it's hot outside. Anyway, I found this recipe online and it was super easy, super fast (only 15 minutes) and actually really good (yes, I tried it! and actually I found out that they sell it at an ice cream shop in London, so I'm not the only crazy one).
Then I put the breast milk bag inside another quart bag just to protect it, and filled the gallon bag with the ice and salt.
Then I put the breast milk bag inside the ice bag and shook it for 8 minutes (although 10-12 minutes probably would have been ideal.
Then I took the quart bag out, cut the corner of the bag and squeezed it into the bowl.
I forgot to take a picture before it melted, but as you can see, there was ice cream, and it was good! Anytime I have had a little bit of breast milk get on my hand I could never lick it off because I hated the taste so much, but this does not taste like breast milk at all. It tastes like ice cream (only a little less creamy since it's not as fatty).
For those of you interested, here is the recipe.
- 1/2 cup breast milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups crushed ice
- 4 tablespoons salt
- 2 quart freezer bag
- 1 gallon freezer bag
- Hand towel or gloves (to protect your fingers)
I first put the breast milk, vanilla, and sugar into the quart bag. I only did 1 tsp of sugar and it turned out fine
Then I put the breast milk bag inside another quart bag just to protect it, and filled the gallon bag with the ice and salt.
Then I put the breast milk bag inside the ice bag and shook it for 8 minutes (although 10-12 minutes probably would have been ideal.
Then I took the quart bag out, cut the corner of the bag and squeezed it into the bowl.
I forgot to take a picture before it melted, but as you can see, there was ice cream, and it was good! Anytime I have had a little bit of breast milk get on my hand I could never lick it off because I hated the taste so much, but this does not taste like breast milk at all. It tastes like ice cream (only a little less creamy since it's not as fatty).
For those of you completely grossed out right now, you can actually use this same method using regular milk, so in the case you find yourself really wanting ice cream and don't have any at home, you can just whip some right up using these same steps! Enjoy!





1 comment:
Funny you posted this. I've been joking that I've been going to make this since Mikayla was born!
Post a Comment