Monday, May 23, 2011

The Easter Egg Hunt

I thought it would be neat to take Mallory to the local Easter egg hunt.  The ground was actually flooded from all the rain so they moved it to a church.  I was expecting them to actually hide the eggs, but I guess they just tape off some areas, fill a bunch of eggs with jelly beans and a few with prize numbers in them, blow the whistle, and off the kids go to fill their baskets.  They do it by age group so Mallory didn't have much competition.  I say competition like it's a big competitive event, but in all reality, there are plenty of eggs and the parents stand outside the tape and direct their children to the big eggs that have the prize numbers.  I thought it would be funny to get really intense and "coach" from the sidelines - tell her take the others out - but I wasn't really feeling the humor from the other families.

Jared enjoyed a nice nap while Mallory "hunted."


Mallory and Auntie Lisa.  Natalie was taking a nap so she couldn't make it.

So many parents commented on how I had such a great idea bringing a big bag for her to hunt with...umm..I didn't think of this great idea, in fact, I felt like the idiot that showed up to an egg hunt without an Easter basket, this bag was the only thing I had in the car. 

There were not very many kids in her age group - most of the kids got bored before all the eggs were picked up.  On a side note, we thought we got rid off all these jelly bean filled eggs, but a few nights later, Eric was up with Jared in the middle of the night (which means we try and lay on the couch while he plays on the floor) and the next morning we woke up to some discolored carpet.  Turns out, Jared got a jelly bean and drooled it all over the carpet. No wonder he was being so content playing on the floor at 3am...

No comments:

Post a Comment