Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Quick Update

Well, I haven't had a chance to update in a while because Eric started back to school last week and it's already proven to be a much more time intensive semester than the last one. Mallory also came down with a nasty cold/ear infection last week that left us with many sleepless nights of high fevers. Unfortunately it has passed on to both Eric and myself. Here is a pic of Mallory one day when she was home sick - poor thing just sat down with her snack and within seconds she was out.

This weekend I'll be 14 weeks - the baby will be the size of a fist. Everything you read says morning sickness should go away between 12 and 14 weeks - I was hopeful it would go away by now but I'm starting to wonder if I should just give up and expect this to last the rest of the pregnancy. I have an appointment on Friday and we should be able to hear the heartbeat then. I have also felt the baby flutter a few times since last week- and yes I know this is the baby because it is a very distinct feel.

I feel like Mallory has also just been growing so much mentally lately. It seems like her vocabulary doubles every week. Her last school update said she is so helpful, sweet, and extremely bright. I asked if they were sure they were talking about the right kid. Although she is sweet and helpful at home, she also likes to push every button and test every limit. I feel like she is constantly in time out. Her favorite activities lately are sorting by color, Mrs. Potato Head, walking Roscoe on a leash, and most of all coloring. She loves drawing vertical lines and circles and she concentrates really hard while she is doing it. Her teachers also make comments about how much she loves music time. She loves going around the house singing - with her latest ones "row row row your boat" and Jay Sean's song "down". Her most recent obsession is her new footy zip up pajamas. It's surprising because she has never slept with anything on her feet - including blankets. It's a struggle to get them off in the morning and she gets so worked up when we have to put them in the wash machine. I could go on, but I will save some for the next post.




No comments:

Post a Comment